I am a New York based-French painter and multimedia artist.
I have worked for the best in the industry in set design, decorative finishes as well as for the decision makers of the industrial world with my graphic facilitation.
Throughout the years, I developed my own experience of different applications of creativity and its process.
As a result, I am free when painting my own artwork as I am unbound by the temptation to create something for anyone.
Artwork is a very separate, intimate and personal place for me. It constitute where I am fully myself.
My series are different from one another, yet there is a "fil rouge", a thread overall.
My role as an artist is to peel off a layer of reality and replace it with my interpretation.
I bring it about by adding paint to someone's face in order to reveal an emotion (Facemotions series), by enhancing someone's beauty such as people with Vitiligo with paint onto the skin as well, by freeing colors and lines on the surface of water ( Reflections series) by revealing the creative energy and making it visible (Embodiment) by creating my own emotional landscapes ( Abstract series), by representing the Natural world mid-way between the abstract and the figurative ( Nature series). I am drawn towards the creation of what is seen on the surface and what is going on inside at the same time. On one side, there is the face, the body, the landscape, the water, the vegetation, architecture and on the other there is "more". There is the duality in my work of what is recognizable and represented in a figurative way and what is hidden to the eye but constitutes the human experience that I interpret in an abstract way.
My hybrid and experimental art traveled across the world to be featured in exhibits in France, India, and cities throughout the United States. My “Vitiligo” project transformed the traditional canvas workspace into a multidimensional stage, as I painted my subjects in real time, similar to my series “Facemotions” and “Embodiment”. I am currently developing two series: one called "New York series" with its triptych and another called "Moons series" in my art studio at the Brooklyn Army Terminal in Brooklyn, New York.
You will find many prints to choose from in the "shop my collections" section at the top right of this page. I am also a message away to learn about my originals availability.
Here is my resume for publications and exhibits:
-Triptych and open by Chris McNally on Ariel's dream publication May
- Vitiligo project Featured on CNN
Upcoming exhibit of "The city that never sleeps" series at RevArt Gallery 19 at 19 Dutch Street, New York from June 9th to September 11th.
and three moons at Trout Studios in Hancock, New York from July the 8th to August the 15th.
- Creation of a 5: x 8' flag out of a painting called " Nature's desire to grow from the Nature Series by the 2022 Flag Project at the Rockefeller center in partnership with the UN Environment Program, the Climate museum and flown amongst others from April 1st to May 1st.
- Migration- 2022, an international online exhibit and
book publication about Migrants, Refugees, Asylum Seekers featuring my oil on
canvas called “From one hell to another”. Exhibit organized by Gallerium Art Exhibitions. From February 1st to March 3rd,
- Homegrown group
exhibit featuring 29 Chashama studio program artists
& Curated by Jasper Johns. 320 W 23rd St, NYC
December 2nd 2021- January 7th 2022
- Open Studios at the Brooklyn
Armyterminal. 140 58th Street, Building B, Brooklyn New York.
Floor. 16th and 17th of October 2021
- “Desire to grow” and “Natural vigor” in a group show called "A Changing Landscape & The Female eye" March 2nd - 8th, 2020 - with an opening reception March 4th from 6 to 8pm. At the Van Der Plas Gallery 156 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002
- “Force of Nature” “All Women” Art Exhibition 2020, Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery Special Recognition January 2020
- “Force of Nature” Colorful Abstractions: International Online Juried Art Exhibition, Fusion Art December 2019
- “Facemotions,” Stephane Plaza Gallery Space, Orleans, France April 13th – 29th 2017
- Group show of Public Averti, Villequiers Castle, France September 23rd – October 16th 2016. Private exhibit of photography and performance in the castle garden with Laurent Herrou, reading his creation.
- “Beyond the Skin,” Kalinka Gallery, Pondicherry, India July 8th – August 21st 2016Solo show of photography and paintings.
- “Facemotions” and “Embodiment” Performance, Waterfront Museum, New York, NY June 4th 2016.
- “I breathe with you,” Augusta Savage Gallery (UMass Amherst), Amherst, MA February 1st – March 6th 2016
- Group Show “Embodiment,” Flyer Art Gallery, Rome, Italy February 2016
- “Vitiligo” project photo shoot, MAI (Montreal, art interculturels), Montreal, Canada November 14th 2014
- “World Vitiligo Day” Event and Photo Shoot, Detroit, Michigan June 25th 2013
The artwork was used as advocacy by the VR Foundation
My art business has been designated as a "Trusted Art Seller" with The Art Storefronts Organization, which means you can shop with confidence, and know that I stand behind the quality and value of my products.